27 November 2009

Flower Tutorial

 

Hello and hope you're having a good start to the week. I've finally got round to doing this tutorial for you to have a go at. I've posted loads of pictures and hope that it makes sense.

7399

Here are the items that I use to make my flowers :-

Peony Spellbinders die

ProMarker pens

My own stamp made from Peony Spellbinders die

Flower brad with back taken off

1 pearl

To make these flowers I've used normal white printer paper but any type of paper will do.

7401 

 

 

First off I colour each of the flower shapes with my ProMarker pen using Buttercup

 

 

 

 

7406

 

 

 

Then I cut down each flower to create the petals, I've drawn orange lines to show you where I cut into.

 

 

 

7408

 

 

Next I ink up my homemade stamp using my Tan ProMarker pen. I made my homemade stamp by using cardstock that I know that the ink from the ProMarker pen will stay wet for some time.

 

 

7412

 

On each flower I ink up the edges for a bit of definition.

Now on the wrong side of each flower, emboss each petal with small circular motions. Then emboss the centre till they resemble the picture on the left.

 

7413 

On the right side of each flower, emboss down one side of each petal till it curls slightly. Then once again emboss the centre of each flower until they resemble the picture on the left.

 

 

7417

 

 

 

Now start gluing your flower together. Hopefully this is what it should look like.

 

 

 

 

7419

 

 

 

The next step is to get your flower brad and start curling the edges up, I've used my strong tweezers for this.

 

 

 

 

7423

 

 

 

And this is what the flower brad will look like when all the edges have been curled.

 

 

 

7425

 

 

 

In the centre of the flower apply some glue, then add the curled flower brad. Apply some glue in the centre of the flower brad and then drop a pearl in the centre. I've used a pearl but a large bead is also effective.

 

 

 

I hope that you've enjoyed this tutorial and I would love to see your flower creations.

Hugs Michele x

18 comments:

  1. Thanks Michele for an excellent tutorial, I'll definitely be having a go at making these, they are lovely.
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic flower and a brilliant tutorial. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, thank you, thank you Michele. I just adore the flowers you make. Like I said before, I actually bought the peony set for just this reason. I'm going to give them a go right now. Have a great weekend. xo Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, what a fab tut. A lot of work, but your flowers are so gorgeous. Thanks for sharing with us Michele. Hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Michele, it will probaly take a few attempts but will have a go. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful tutorial and the pearl centre is just genius TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh giving away trade secrets lol I have made similar flowers with a scalop punch too, Great effect you have with the nesties well done they are lovely

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tutorial, thanks so much for the tips, will have a go real soon.
    Suzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh Fab Michelle! I've already had a go making you flowers from a previous tutorial & these are just as (if not more) gorgeous!! Thank you for sharing xxx *heads off to shop for peony nesties...*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome tutorial Michele - your flowers are so beautifully done! Thanks for sharing! I may just have to buy the nesties peony now, lol!!!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Michele,
    Thanks for sharing this. I must give it a go. I love making flowers.
    Hugs,
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful flower Michele.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply Stunning! THANKYOU for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous flower Michele and a great easy to follow tutorial. Thanks for joining me.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great tutorial Michele, thank you. And Spellbinders should now pay you some commission!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bravo!! Thank you so much for all the precious
    moments you gave to make this video. I am so
    excited to give making flowers a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG MIchelle you are so generous and very sweet to make this AMAZING tutorial for making those gorgeous flowers!
    That must have taken forever!
    Thank you so much-I always wondered how you made them. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Michelle I can not believe you made regular old printer paper look like this! Your flowers are absolutely gorgeous. What a talent you have~
    ~Pam L.
    http://stampsinc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog, all your comments are really appreciated :0)

Hugs Michele x