21 December 2008

Dotties World Challenge - Red, Green & Gold

I can't believe that it's my 3rd week as guest designer for Dottie's World, it's going so quickly and I'm still really enjoying it. This week it's Nicola's turn to set the challenge :

Well....Its nearly upon us, Christmas 2008! What a year it has been, the good, the bad and the Ugly!!! My challenge this week is going for the end of our festive juices. RED,GREEN AND GOLD....Of course it doesnt have to be festive, it can be any card or thing you like, aslong as you use a download from Charmed Cards and Crafts.

Well I still had to make a card for my DH, so this is the card that I came up with.

The papers I used are DCWV Christmas Stack and the image is Dottie from the Christmas Bundle which you can download from Charmed Cards and Crafts. I coloured in Dottie using my brush marker pens and aquabrush. For the star and baubles, I used gold embossing powder to give it a bit of texture and sparkle. I cut out the tinsel that Dottie is holding and used some fibres which I had in mystash. The sentiment I used is also from the Dottie Christmas Bundle. The gems and ribbon are from my stash. TFL x

10 comments:

  1. Oh Michele, this is such a fun card- it has made me smile and sing...not great for the neighbours so early on a Sunday morn!LOL.

    Great card- I love it!

    love Dingle.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fab card Michele, I love the layering and the green gems and I love how it's a little bit cheeky! It'll make your DH smile that's for sure, although it could be the smile of fear as he realises he hasn't got you the gift that this card is requesting! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's going to love it Michele it's an absolutely gorgeoous card! Dottie is very cute dressed as a Christmas tree and your colouring is wonderful. Love the sentiment too. Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a wonderful card Michelle, all sparkly and gorgeous.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. abulous card Michelle, your DH will love it. Great image and sentiment and the colours are beautiful.
    I wish you & your family a very Happy Christmas. Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card Michele, love the cute image! Hope you have a lovely Christmas and a wonderful 2009.
    Hugs
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Michele
    I love this image it really made me smile! I'm sure your hubby will love it! I hope you have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year. Thanks for being such a great blogging friend.
    Hugs Lynsey :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card Michelle, just catching up, again! as we have all had flu, love the bright colours and you've fitted the challenge in perfectly!!
    Nicola.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute is this!!! Love this card and your coloring is fantastic!!! Great job!

    Happy Holidays,
    Janna

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love what you do with these Dottie images Michele, this is another brilliant card.

    hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog, all your comments are really appreciated :0)

Hugs Michele x